Monday, April 6, 2009

Attached at the Heart

This past Saturday, John, Mom, Jack, and I all went to Davis-Kidd Booksellers for a booksigning event. Barbara Nicholson and Lysa Parker--cofounders of Attachment Parenting International--signed Attached at the Heart: 8 Proven Parenting Strategies For Raising Connected and Compassionate Children. AP moms (and singer/songwriters) Carolyn Dawn Johnson, Kim Carnes, Ashley Cleveland, Oddessa Settles, and Jonell Mosser sang "Baby of Mine" before Barbara and Lysa spoke about their 15-year journey of researching and writing the book.
Meanwhile, Hillary and I were thinking the same thing: "I'll bet there's a book hiding in me somewhere." Jack just wanted to know why the music stopped.
Afterward, we hit the children's section, and we couldn't resist buying Jack this supercool Melissa and Doug stacking train. We played with it as soon as we got home. 
My guys aren't just attached to my heart: they be all up in it. Aiiight? Peace.