Monday, May 4, 2009

Your Best Birth

It's a book! 

Congratulations to Abby Epstein and Ricki Lake for the birth of their new book, Your Best Birth: Know All Your Options, Discover the Natural Choices, and Take Back the Birth Experience. I got my copy on Saturday, and I finished it last night. 

It's officially my new favorite book to recommend to expectant parents. The information is extremely accessible, it's dead-honest, and it is conversational enough to not be preachy. The birth stories of Cindy Crawford, Laila Ali, Melissa Joan Hart, and others are added bonuses. There are many, many mentions of Ina May Gaskin, which is great to see because she is full of knowledge that the world needs to know. 

Now...on to book club plans for the Nashville Birth Network. This will be our first selection!

p.s.--Check out the Facebook-ish site that Abby and Ricki created created for mothers, birth professionals, birth junkies, etc., and go ahead and join My Best Birth if you're so inclined. I'm loving it!